From Canadian bum to Fashionista? Is it possible?

.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family Day therapy

So here in Ontario, we have a statutory holiday known as Family Day on February 21st.

What do you do if you are hopelessly behind in your law class readings, and months behind in having reading a contracts case???

You go to the local supermarket, buy a Family Deal Meal ($9.99 for a roast chicken, bottle of pop, bag of chips and 2 side salads) and buy some clothes at urban outfitters.

Take that government-regulated-attempt to mock my lack of family-ness!

Urban Outfitters is having a 30% off all sale items.

I'm still a little unsure about a few things, considering I bought them because they were of good value and I liked them, and not necessarily what I needed.

I can feel myself becoming less deliberate in my purchases and as a result I wake up not knowing what to wear. I'm less certain. For a little while I knew what I wanted to wear and woke up excited.

Lately I've been feeling less inspired. Even my go-to blogs like The Sartorialist or Jak and Jil have seemed picture the same old outfits. I need me some inspiration.

In addition, I am officially sick. I have been healthy up until now, but the fickle cold and warm weather, combined with my lack of sleep and general lackluster attempts to dress warmly because I live next to the law school, has made my body refuse to cooperate.


Despite all this, the possibility of dressing myself is still making me happy.

Here's what I got.


This is probably the most fashion forward thing I've purchased. It's pretty out of the box for me. I'm not comfortable yet wearing it with just leggings, so far I've just worn it as a blouse. I like how finally a blouse and it's buttons fall exactly right so that I don't feel like a prude or a slut. Ideas for wearing this is in desperate need.

I also bought grey/sparkly tights. Buuuuuuuuuuut how do I wear them?

No comments:

Post a Comment