From Canadian bum to Fashionista? Is it possible?

.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My first real bag

Dior recently came out with a video featurette starring Marion Cotillard called The Lady Noir Affair. It's the latest in the fashion industry's latest embracement of technology. This video is Chapter one of two videos from Dior. They say that there should be installment two being released soon.

If you want to see just the bag, you can skip ahead to 1:10 to see the little classic black bag.




Cute non? At first I felt as if the bag was maybe a little "too classic" and that there wasn't a hip enough feel to it, making it difficult to wear in the everyday sense. But then I've been seeing girls walking around downtown carrying similar purses on the street, really without a big woo-ha of an outfit. Sometimes with a boyfriend blazer, sometimes with a cute skirt and tights, but less so with jeans and a t-shirt (which has essentially been my uniform for the past 21 years).

Recently, I visited Hong Kong and Taiwan and really badly wanted to come back with something like this bag, knowing that there is more selection over there, and at better prices.

Second hand Chanel bags like this were really what I was looking for and wanted...
...but even fake Chanel was out of my price range.


So instead I found this "Chanel-inspired" bag.

It even has a poche sourire in the back!

It's not perfect but I promise once I have enough money I'll buy some real Chanel.

In addition to the poche sourire, I like that I can wear it across the shoulder or carry it short depending on my mood. It also sits higher than traditional messenger bags - right on the hip, making it ultra fashionable than most other messenger bags.

Do you think this is a good substitute for a poor student?

Can I wear this with a boyfriend jacket and jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment